The weakest scurry, fanatic cults rise, and Jon Snow knows nothing again, WHAT, in this week’s Game of Thrones Sons of the Harpy Episode Rundown. Yes, we finally got a glimpse of Dorne in the opening credits with a wrapping, open mouthed snake rising toward the sky. We know something ruthless will come out of this new location. So, without further adieu let’s discuss our top three moments of, Sons of the Harpy.
The Weak Scamper
Well, we know who wears the pants in the Margy-omen relationship! I almost felt bad the way Cersei and Margaery played with poor Tommen’s emotions. One withholding sex and the other putting him in danger among the Sparrow cult. Seeing Tommen scamper at each turn of conflict, from his mother, the Sparrow’s blocking him from speaking to the High Sparrow, to lowering his sad little lashes towards Margaery when he brought her the bad news, he could not get Loras released. Oh the sad little king is left without a warm bed tonight.
Cersie strategically sent Mace Tyrell to Braavos, which was Margery only family lifeline. Will the Queen of Thorns come to the rescue?
Despite the amusement of Tommen’s tug and pull with his mother and wife, the best scamper came from Selyse Baratheon. Melisandre’s reprimands Selyse for thinking of her child, Shereen, as a weak and deformed abomination. Melisandre reminds her, “Those scars mean nothing to the lord of light. Her father is the Lord’s chosen king, and her father’s blood runs through her veins.” BOOM! #Suckit Selyse! I have nothing more to say.
In spite of the little screen time we got with the snakes, it was a powerful one. The sisters discover Jaime’s plan to rescue Myrcella from Dorne by a very stupid ship captain. We quickly see, which daughter took after her father, Obara as she picked the spear as her weapon of choice. Did anyone else get the chills?
Well, Jaime has definitely grown on us ever since his time with Brienne, and I absolutely loved the scene where he looks longingly towards Tarth the Sapphire Island. But will they ever see each other again?
I can’t seem to think he will fare well meeting with any one of the Snake Sisters. But, he does have one golden hand! We shall see.
Holy religious warfare in Meereen and King’s Landing! Seriously that last scene was heart wrenching. Will Ser Barriston survive the multiple stab wounds? Grey Worm better get up from that pool of blood! I just can’t, can’t go on if he dies.
I think Danaery’s needs to unleash her dragons just about now. The thing is, could she wheel them enough to not kill hundreds of people? This will be her ultimate test.
Sons of the Harpy Episode Quotes:
“The Dornish are crazy. All they want to do is fight and fuck, fuck and fight.” – Bronn
“He murdered my father. If I ever see him. I will split him in two. And then I’ll give him your regards.” – Jaime Lannister
“Aren’t you and mother getting along?” – Tommen Lannister
There’s only one war. Life against death – Melisandre
- Ummm, seriously what is up with Melisandre telling Jon Snow he knows nothing? What kind of voodoo magic did she do? Was she distracting him with her nakedness while doing something to him? Seriously, I have to go back and watch this again to see if I missed anything – and no not for the boobs.
- Okay, Stannis finally hit a soft spot with me. Yes, he was so lovely to his daughter and showed that he isn’t an emotionless brute. So, fine i’ll give him one point this week.
- Why the hell is Little Finger headed to King’s Landing? He has to know his brothel’s are being raided, right?
- Will Ser Jorah have a place in Dany’s world again if Ser Barriston is lost? I don’t want to think about it, makes me sad. Didn’t you think it was very The Walking Dead highlight moment for Ser Barriston? Looking back at the scene where he is telling Dany about Rhaegar’s singing career, and then boom he’s getting stabbed. I just can’t, I am still upset.
- There are a lot of mentions of Rhaegar this season. Maybe some major reveals are coming! But don’t worry all my ideas are speculative since I haven’t read the books.
Well, we’re only a few days away from another episode, so I leave you with inside the Sons of the Harpy Episode:
Karen a TV-aholic, enjoys the finer things in life, like sipping on wine, guzzling craft beer, reading thrillers and running. Studied nutrition and anthropology at University of Santa Barbara, but decided to follow a career in creative. Follow me on Twitter @confessiongirl2